[mythtv-users] MythTV records on all the wrong channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 14 18:57:58 UTC 2008

On 09/14/2008 02:25 PM, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> In total I have 4 "Animal Planets" in my channels list. The name is
> all the same but, of course, the channel id and the channel number are
> not.
>
> When I try to set a manual recording on channel number 24 it magically
> queues a recording for 2 other "Animel Planets" (number 9001 & 9002)
> but it ignores the one I actually want to record.
>
> Am I missing something here?

Channel number and names are irrelevant.  The channel callsign is used
to tell Myth whether 2 channels are different.  If you want to be able
to control which channel is used for recording, you need to give them
different callsigns.  Note that in so doing, all of your "this channel"
rules will apply only to "this channel."

Mike