[mythtv-users] speaker (5.1) tests for MythTV

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Sep 14 06:02:25 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> says:
> Yes its really useful, I know you can use aplay but with this you
> can tweak the sound settings in Myth itself and confirm they're
> working as expected.

Indeed. I have audio files that do the same thing,[1] but it's nice to
be able to directly test the MythTV internal player. Certainly a
useful thing to incorporate within the distribution if possible.

[1] Prerecorded DTS and Dolby files. For some reason, I've never been
able to get speaker-test c6 to work on my system, although my MythTV
surround-sound configuration works fine.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array