[mythtv-users] DirecTV USB->Serial Adaptors

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Sep 14 02:27:35 UTC 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 7:03 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> Luckily, there is a patch available to the pl2303 driver that will
> auto-detect which adaptor you have plugged in and use the right one. I
> haven't installed it in Ubuntu yet, but I'm hopeful I can get it to
> work.

Well, it looks like the newest ubuntu kernel already has a similar
patch in it. I hacked at it a bit to incorporate more of what the
patch I linked said it should look like, but still no luck. If anyone
has any info on getting this to work, I'd love to hear it. Bear in
mind that I have 2 of these working just fine on my system already and
I've bought exactly the same adaptor/null modem/adaptor combos and
it's not working on this third one.

Thanks,

Brad