[mythtv-users] livetv not working on some frontends

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 23:17:32 UTC 2008

On 13/09/2008, Paul Archer <tigger at io.com> wrote:
> Problem: some frontends won't show livetv properly
>         one gives a blank screen (but will record the show if I hit R)
>         one goes to a blank screen coming off the EPG
>         one goes to a blank screen, but bringing up the EPG (in the blind) works
>         one works fine
>
>  Config: all boxes are running Kubuntu 8.04, although hardware is different
>  for all
>         mythtv is latest out of subversion (currently rev 18271)
>
>  I've made sure all the packages are up to date, and recompiled. I even have
>  removed the svn directory and redownloaded, rather than just run a 'make
>  clean'.
>
>  Anyone have this problem, or know where to look to narrow down what's going
>  on?

If all of the affected frontends have nVidia cards, check that your
driver is installed correctly (Xorg.0.log and mythfrontend.log). It
could be broken XvMC/OGL on some of the machines. If the machines were
working and all stopped after an update, broken drivers is a good
place to start looking.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: