[mythtv-users] FAO Igor Lipilanin - re Nova-HD-S2

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 13 16:03:40 UTC 2008

2008/9/13 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
> On 13/09/2008, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Igor
>>
>>  I'm currently playing with the branch you set up at sourceforge.net
>>  for the various S2 cards and trying to get it working with a
>>  Nova-HD-S2.
>>
>>  I've managed to get compilation OK and indeed have also got correct
>>  detection in dmesg, my next step is seeing if I can get it working in
>>  mythtv.  There are comments around stating that there are 'patches'
>>  for mythtv but I can't find them, is there any way you could point me
>>  in the right direction?
>
> You probably want the ticket titled "Patch for support DVB API 3.3 and
> DVB-S2" at http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5403
>

> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin

Nick

I've been reading the multiproto / S2API background and the
fork/replace that seems to have taken place about a month ago.

Do you know where the 'working' version of the S2API currently
resides?  While I've managed to get this working (under multiproto) I
don't want to end up having to do a clean rebuild later if I can avoid
it.  Also if I've understood correctly multiproto was unlikely to make
it into the Kernel whereas S2API has a better shot....is this a fair
assessment of where it's currently at?

Regards