[mythtv-users] Freesat (UK) questions

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 20:58:27 UTC 2008

> The -S2 support in Linux is still somewhat difficult to get working from
> what I can tell.  Reading the linux-dvb mailing list it seems that it
> involves patching both the kernel (to get drivers working) and the
> client app (i.e. MythTv).

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response. That's what I'd thought - I've just found this
thread too though: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/346369

I know this question seems to be answered in that thread - but I'd just like
to make sure - if I was to buy a WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 would the DVB-S part of it
work anyway without having to path for S2? I'd like to get a DVB-S2 card to
future proof my system, but I don't really want to have to use experimental
support. Would a DVB-S2 card allow me to just use a stable DVB-S until
DVB-S2 becomes more supported?

Thanks,

Jonny