[mythtv-users] Is it going to get harder and harder to get the content we want in MythTV?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 12 18:06:13 UTC 2008

On 09/12/2008 12:42 PM, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> ----- "Allen Edwards" wrote:
>> What we need is better integration of online content into MythTV.
>> Then more and more people will say goodbye and good riddens to Cable
> I second this one.

Until CBS/NBC/ABC/Fox/CW/MyTV/... second it, we're probably out of
luck.  Have any of you tried watching any of the shows on their sites?
They require Windows (for Windows Media Player and its DRM or custom
Activex controls or ...).

Unless, of course, you meant saying goodbye to cable and hello to
YouTube's garbage and its ilk...

Mike