[mythtv-users] Netflix box

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:10:51 UTC 2008

Looking at it further, it would obviously be difficult to do a full
mythfrontend on the unit, but how feasible would it be to have
something to just playback HD MPEG2 recordings from a myth backend?
Alsa is there, but all you get for graphics is DirectFB.  If I
understand correctly, myth can be built to run on a directFB, but how
would that work with MPEG2 and AVC video?  Is this truly not feasible
with what Roku provided (http://www.roku.com/community/gpl_nfp.php),
or is it that no one feels it is worth it at this point?

I just want to watch my recordings on an SD TV in my bedroom, but
don't want to transcode every recording for an mvpmc since 90% of them
are HD and that would take a lot of time.  If there aren't any
developers entertaining the idea, I'll stick with going with an Apple
TV.