[mythtv-users] Different mythvideo settings per frontend

Chris Reeves chrisrco_08 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 15:47:14 UTC 2008

In case it's useful to anyone, here's the script I created.  It's nothing fancy, but it may save someone a few minutes if they run into this.

#!/bin/bash
hn=`hostname`
if [ $hn == "mythmain" ]; then
  xine -pfhq --no-splash "\"$1\""
elif [ $hn == "mythfe" ]; then
  mplayer -fs "$1"
fi

I put this script in the shared directory my videos are in, and simply set the mvthvideo play command to /media/share/scripts/play.sh %s

One other interesting thing, in .20.2 at least, it seems like each frontend can have a different default player command, but when you set specific commands for specific file extensions, they end up the same across all frontends.  This may just be some strange issue with my setup though.

Thanks again for the help,
Chris