[mythtv-users] Weird slowness with LIRC ...

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Sep 11 12:48:49 UTC 2008

HI!

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> After I change the option for playback however, not watching TV, just
> in the main menu, using the remote will scroll down however, it will
> only refresh the screen only every 2 seconds or so.
> So say you cursor is on the first line, you press down arrow on the
> remote (which send the command "Down" via LIRC) and hold the key, the
> cursor will only appear after a few seconds to like the 5th items.
>
> Keep holding it and it's now on the 10th etc.. You don't see the
> cursor going down on every single option.
>
> Mind you, if it's the first time I start mythfrontend, then it works fine ...

I have a similar issue. When I press the remote, it takes 100% CPU for 2
seconds and then it goes to the next item.

When I press fast 3 times, then it takes 2 seconds and then jumps 3
items at once.

It only happens with high resolution (1920x1080), so I did not think
it's a LIRC issue.

Then I updated from X server 1.3 to 1.4 and now navigating is very fast
again, but every 8-10 items, it pauses again for a few seconds and takes
100% CPU, before it continues.

So, it's better, but not solved.

Using the QT painter, it's always slow.

Now I am thinking, it's an X server or OpenGL issue.

Thomas