[mythtv-users] Stable frontend for OSX

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:27:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/9/9 Fred Squires <fsquires at gmail.com>:
>>> Thanks for the info. Most of my crashes occur when changing channels
>>> on the frontend.
>>> Changing channels on the combined backend/frontend is fine, its only
>>> when I do this from the iMac.
>>> I could not find the version you had but I'll try some others.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> I also have no problems with the builds from sniderpad.  I'm using
>> them on both an intel macbook and a ppc mac mini.
>> One thing of note is that I almost never watch live tv, so I could
>> have the same problems as you, but I'll never notice them.
>> Though I did change channels a lot when I was testing the HD channels
>> on my HDHomerun from my macbook without any problems.  I did change
>> the channels from the guide, though.  So you might want to compare
>> changing channels through the guide compared to changing channels
>> directly.
>>
>> --
> Thanks for your reply. It mainly crashes when changing channel within
> the guide and less often when using the up/down arrow.
> Usually when it crashes, if you start it again straight away, it will
> change channel fine then, but not always.
>
> It's causing some problems now  I have moved my iMac in to the
> kitchen/diner. My wife is starting to get fed up, I think she
> would prefer a standard lcd TV in there! However the kids seem to have
> the final say (as usual) as long as they can get family guy, simpsons
> etc they are happy :)
>
> Mike

I have my cable split in the living room so that when my girlfriend
wants to watch live tv she watches cable directly in the living room.
Then when she or I want to watch a recording we just switch to the
input and watch recordings from MythTV.  This would alleviate any
problems with crashing and channel change slowness that I often see
people complain about on the list.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.