[mythtv-users] Apple TV info

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 05:20:10 UTC 2008

Hi

2008/9/10 Scott D. Davilla <davilla at 4pi.com>:
> My 1st gen 1.66GHz Core Duo (not Core2 Duo) has no problem with 720p
> h.264 and can even do 1080p h.265. XBMC for Mac can do it, VLC can do
> it and Mplayer can do it.

It will really depend on the kind of video they played, the bitrate
they used and the complexity of the encryption.

I have a lot of H264 1080p content that I could just barely play with
the 1.83GHz C2D and the 2.33GHz (T7600) I put in can still barely
play.

Xine gives much better performance than mplayer for such video..

Try some of the 1080p video here with your 1.66GHz core duo, it won't
play them properly.
http://www.h264info.com/clips.html

I downloaded their preview of Terminator Salvation. The 2.33GHz C2D
barely plays it...

VLC gives pretty crap performance IMO when playing h264 videos, xine
so far as proven to be the best. It plays stuff VLC will simply
crashes on