[mythtv-users] System all but hangs when viewing channel guide

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 14:08:35 UTC 2008

One of my backends is suffering from an issue when I am watching
LiveTV and select the Guide after a few seconds the system nearly
hangs.  It takes several seconds to respond to key strokes and will
eventually let me get out of the guide.  I don't understand why this
is going on as the backend I would have though would have been
powerful enough.  The backend is a P4 2.4Ghz with 1.5Gigs ram.  The
encoder is a PVR-1600 and this occurs when viewing analog TV so the TV
is putting nearly no load given that the card has a hardware mpeg
encoder.  I have a second backend that is a Hyperthreaded P4 2.4Ghz
that does not suffer from this issue.  I have tried various guide
display settings from Transparent to Eco and none seem to help.