[mythtv-users] How does MythMusic read ID3 tags??

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:38:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Roald <roalda at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Perhaps your discs need to be named "The Wall (disc 1)" and "The Wall
> (disc 1)"?
>
> Of course i meant "The Wall (disc 2)"
>
> --
> Roald Martin Amundsen

Roald,

Thanks for your reply.  Changing the name would be a way for it to work in
Myth, but I also use Songbird or Amarok to play the same music on other
machines.  I think that would affect the cover grabber.  Wouldn't it?  I was
thinking that last night as well, but I didn't know if there was a feature
where I could tell Myth to use ID3 tags.  I know there is an "Ignore ID3"
tags, but that is not enabled.  It seems like Myth doesn't listen to all the
properties of the ID3 tag.  Am I wrong?

Jim