[mythtv-users] Apple TV info

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 9 13:36:29 UTC 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 5:57 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2008/9/9 Paul Fine <pfine at comcast.net>:
>> I run Ubuntu on my AppleTV.  I think it takes about 3 minutes from
>> cold
>> start to the MythTV menu, although I haven't timed it.  I am using
>> component video, so I can't answer the HDMI question.  I don't find
>> the
>> navigation sluggish at all.
>
> Can you watch HD content with the Apple TV? The processor seems
> rather slow

I'm running Mythbuntu on my AppleTV and can watch over the air HD with
XvMC without a problem. I'm just starting with h.264 content and it's
struggling to play that, but I think it's my display settings since
others have reported they can play it back. It's a secondary frontend
that doesn't get a lot of use so I'm not sure how long it will take to
get to the top of my to-do list.

I can't speak to the AppleTV OS implementation.

-Brad