[mythtv-users] DTV: It Has Begun

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Sep 8 21:47:30 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>
>> The spectrum belongs to "the people", but will soon belong to Verizon,
>> Sprint, ATT etc.
>
> Ahh but we all know that whatever belongs to "the people" gets
> expropriated to the government, who serve the people by boosting their
> revenue and lowering taxes by selling to those that can afford to pay.
>
> Its all for your own good.
>
> Honest.
>
> (No I am not American, but it ain't so different here)

Yep, been taking a class on the American Revolution. I believe that had
I lived at that time, I would have been a tory (ie: Loyalist).

Maybe we would have universal health care if the smugglers and other
assorted criminals had not prevailed back then :-)

And we seem to have a very short memory about how much the French helped
out. Washington was upset that Cornwallis wanted to surrender to the
French, but most of the troops were French, Rochambeau's siege guns
certainly made a difference, and of course the fleet of the comte de
Grasse certainly had a hand in it. Sees to me Cornwallis had it right.

Talk about OT :-))

beww

beww