[mythtv-users] HDMI motherboard for 1080p output?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Sep 8 17:51:13 UTC 2008

I've an AMD 64 X2 5200 and I'm looking for a motherboard to build a
dedicated MythTV system. The mobo must have an HDMI output. The system
must be able to display 1080p. It will mostly be used to record digital
cable and HD OTA shows, some of them 1080i, others 720p, others 480i.
There will be no analog TV.

The TV screen is 1080p.

I believe the AMD64 5200 dual-core should be enough, right?

What motherboard would you recommend for this purpose? Would something
like this be enough?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128340

The graphics chip is GeForce 8200.

What other embedded NVidia chips would you recommend for this purpose? I
don't want to use a separate graphics card, to keep the cost down.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/