[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.04 and HDHR owner willing to run a short test?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 15:51:43 UTC 2008

I still need help on this from someone.
System requirements:
1) Mythbuntu 8.04
2) HDHR
3) OTA reception
4) "Use quick tune" set to "Always" (on Input Connections menu).

Please run a quick (updated) test and let me know the result.

While a show is being recorded (not live TV) please run these two commands
and note the output:
1) hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/debug
2) hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program

Background: There is a bug in MythTV and the work around given to me by
Silicon Dust doesn't work on my system.  I am trying to isolate the problem.
 I get the correct result in live TV so pretty sure the HDHR is ok.  Non
Mythbuntu users report the correct result so what I am looking for is this
result on a system similar to mine to see if my install is broken, or if it
is a Mythbuntu bug.

Thanks for helping.

Allen

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> I cannot watch KQED and it seems there is no one in the SF area to run a
> test for me so I found a more general test.  Can someone help me isolate
> this problem?
> This works with other distributions but I would like to know if other
> Mythbuntu 8.04-HDHR users have the problem or not.
>
> 1) Set myth backend setup connections so that the HDHR is set to Quick Tune
> "Always"  Do this for both channels.
> 2) Record a show.
> 3) Run this command: "hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF get /tuner0/program"  while
> the show is being recorded.

4) Note the output.