[mythtv-users] Myth Archive - ripping DVD silent films

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 5 19:00:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 01:49:10PM -0500, jedi wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:22:26AM -0700, Sam Logen wrote:

Silent films were *not* shot at anything resembling a standard frame
rate, and there's really no telling what a 'colorist' might have decided
to telecine them at, or burn them to DVD at.

You might try running command-line mplayer against the MPEGs and seeing
what fps it thinks is there...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.