[mythtv-users] reconciling database and recorded files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 4 22:31:23 UTC 2008

On 09/04/2008 05:14 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> Hmmmm.. that could delay me a bit. Is there anywhere I can find out what's
> different in the bindings between 0.20 and 0.21(-fixes)? If they're not
> drastic then I could start working with what I have and update when I
> upgrade. I do have a test rig though - no tuner - I could maybe use it to
> develop on. I really don't want to rush to upgrading or move to a
> source-compiled install - I need my Myth!

A test rig with 0.21-fixes (or trunk, since it's a test rig) would be
your best bet.  There's not really any documentation of the changes,
other than the commits as listed at http://svn.mythtv.org/ .  As a
matter of fact, there really isn't any documentation for the bindings
other than the scripts that already use them.

Normally, I'd recommend you do all work on trunk, but there really
haven't been changes of any significance to the Perl bindings since the
0.21 release, so in this case, if you're willing to do the work on
0.21-fixes, someone else (probably even me) would verify/update the
scripts for trunk.  Therefore, if you'd prefer to run 0.21-fixes on your
test rig (allowing you to use packages, and use the test rig to plan for
your 0.21-fixes upgrade of your production systems), feel free to do it
that way.

Mike