[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome always starts mythfrontend on boot.

James Skimming James.Skimming at portraitsoftware.com
Thu Sep 4 22:09:45 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

You're correct, it needs to go through mythshutdown as it records the
wakeup time in the database, which it presumably uses at wakeup. Run
this SQL to see the setting in the database

mysql -D mythconverg -u mythtv -p --execute="SELECT * FROM settings
WHERE value = 'MythShutdownNextScheduled'"

Here's my settings:

Backend Settings
****************

Wakeup time format: yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
Set wakeuptime command: mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
Server halt command: sudo mythshutdown --shutdown
Pre Shutdown chack-command: mythshutdown --check

MythWelcome/Shutdown settings
*****************************

Command to Set Wakeup Time: sudo /usr/bin/MythWakeSet "$time"
Wakeup time format: yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss
nvram-wakeup Restart Command: <not set>
Command to reboot: sudo shutdown -h -r now
Command to shutdown: sudo poweroff
Command to run Xterm: xterm
Command to run to start the Frontend: /usr/bin/mythfrontend --logfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log

My /usr/bin/MythWakeSet is simply
*************************************
echo $1 > /proc/acpi/alarm

Note the time formats, "mythshutdown --setwakeup" needs it like the W3C
format for DateTime (with a "T" in the middle) "yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss". My
shutdown command needs it in the "yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss" format but it
looks like yours needs in time_t.

Here's the guide I followed.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/WhatNext/ACPIWake

It wasn't completely correct for me, the MythWakeSet script in the guide
converts the date to UTC/GMT, whereas my system likes it in local time
(something I found out when we went into BST this year).

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Jim.