[mythtv-users] set tuner preference

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:09:07 UTC 2008

Hi!

I have an analog PVR350 and a DVB-T (2 virtual tuners) card in my
system. The PVR350 locks my systems once in a while when it starts
recording, so I would like to tell MythTV to prefer the DVB card when
possible.
My DVB card is video0 on my system and the PVR350 is video1 so I
actually added them in the right order. But I seem to remember that I
lowered the priority of the DVB card somehow because the signal was
bad. Now that problem doesn't exist anymore, the picture is perfect so
I would like to raise the priority of the DVB card again.
Right now I have to tell every recording rule to specifically use the
DVB tuner for they all go to the PVR350 by default.

I think I have looked at every single thing in mythtv-setup and in the
Frontend configuration and for the life of me I cannot find it.

Where can I set the tuner priority? Or is my memory just shitting me?

Thanks!
barb