[mythtv-users] LiveTV no longer creating new file when program ends, records to same file until partition full

Doug Mandell dmandell at charterx.com
Wed Sep 3 18:13:40 UTC 2008

 Until recently MythTV's LiveTV worked as described in the wiki here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LiveTV

Formerly after a program ended, LiveTV stopped recording to the old
file, and started recording to a new file for the next program.

Some time in the last week or so, however, something has broken.  MythTV
no longer noticed when the program ends, and continues recording to the
same file until a channel has been changed, I quit LiveTV, or
(theoretically, since MythTV can't autoexpire it while it's recording)
the partition fills up.  I left Myth in LiveTV last night and when I
turned the TV on it still thought it was recording the show I left it on
last night, 9.5 hours later.

So, anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?  There is guide
data, although according to the wiki if there isn't it should record 30
minute segments anyway.  I'm using the version of MythTV that comes with
Ubuntu Hardy (0.21, right?).  I'm not sure what else is needed to
troubleshoot the problem (which is why I'm here).  Any and all help I
get here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Doug