[mythtv-users] Active EIT scan DVB-S

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Tue Sep 2 13:22:06 UTC 2008

Hi.

I asked about this problem on this list a few months ago but did not
receive any replies to it. Perhaps I am the only one with this problem?

Up until about the middle of February this year the active EIT scan worked
very stable. It had stopped a few times before this, but truncating the
eit_cache and program tables followed by a restart of the BE always got it
going again.

But after this the active scan only finds now and next info, and passive
scan when watching live TV on a channel that is on the transponder carrying
the EPG data is quite unreliable. It looks like I often have to switch
between various channels in order to get it going.

I made a test yesterday setting "useonairguide" only for the channels on
the transponder carrying the EPG data, and then the active scan did not
find any EPG data. Not even now and next.

I see that in the dtv_privatetypes table there is by default inserted data
related to some EIT fixup functionality. Some of this information is
connected to network ID 70 which my provider uses. Can this cause this kind
of problem?

As I understand, the dtv_privatetypes is no longer used but that the
functionality is incorporated into the code itself. In one of the source
code files that I believe handle this now I saw mentioned that it should be
possible to swith on or off this functionality. Does anybody know if this
is true?

I see that some of these questions might be better suited for the
mythtv-dev mailing list, but it would be nice to know if anybody either has
a working setup for this or the same problem as I.

Some details of my setup:
OS: OpenSuse 10.3. Have also tried OpenSuse 11.0 with the same results.
MythTV: RPM from PackMan 0.21-14. Have also tried building from the same
sourcecode myself with the same result.
DVB-S cards: Two HVR-4000 with patched MFE v4l-dvb drivers on the
production system. Have also tried a Twinhan VP-1030 with standard kernel
drivers on both OSes on a different PC with the same result.
Provider: Canal Digital at 1W.

Jens