[mythtv-users] Delays in navigating Guide

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 2 00:31:07 UTC 2008

Norm wrote:

> I've recently upgraded from a P-4 3ghz to an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
> Core Processor 5000+ with 2Gb of RAM.  Using an on-board Nvidia
> 7050PV/nForce 630a video card.
>
> I installed Mythbuntu 8.04 32-bit edition.  (I did try the 64-bit but
> wanted the extra windows codecs).
>
> Runs great watching live TV HD or otherwise via firewire.  The problem
> is the guide.  When I jump to the guide, I can't seem to easily navigate
> it without it freezing momentarily.
> I've added the mysql optimizations from the wiki.
> I run daily the purge script to clean up old guide data.
> I weekly run the optimize_database scripts so I don't know why it does
> this.
>
> CPU is not burdened watching live TV. Has anyone seen something similar?
> Any suggestions are welcome!

Is this when you bring up the guide while watching liveTV? (as opposed
to the schedule recordings guide).

I had a similar problem which went away when I switched to the "slim"
playback profile.

This was with an Athlon64 3700, single core, so I assumed I was taxing
the CPU, but it might have something to so with your situation.

So the question is, what playback profile are you using?

BTW - I run the optimize-db script daily, which I believe is what a lot
of folks do.

beww