[mythtv-users] Web based remote controls?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Mon Sep 1 03:31:45 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>, said on Sun Aug 31, 2008 [08:25:04 PM]:
} On Aug 31, 2008, at 8:06 PM, Steve Heistand wrote:
}
} > David Fishburn <dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com>, said on Sun Aug 31,
} > 2008 [10:09:17 PM]:
} > } MythTV 20.2 backend on Ubuntu Hardy.
} > }
} > } I am running MythBuntu 8.04 as my frontend client.
} > } It is actually an AppleTV, but I don't think that is particularly
} > relevant.
} > }
} > } Anyway, I need to gain access to it via the web as a remote
} > control for it.
} > }
} > } I was trying one flash based web remote control, but I could not get
} > } it to connect via telnet to the box.  The website never responded
} > with
} > } help for the configuration.
} > }
} > } So I am looking to see what other solutions people are using and how
} > } easy it was to configure.
} > }
} >
} > not that I have seen such a thing already done but if I were looking
} > for such a functionality I would make a web interface that has a
} > picture
} > of a remote and clickable buttons.
} > using the telnet interface and a cgi script type thing.
}
} You mean like the top hit on google when searching for "mythtv web
} remote"?
} http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=29
}
} Or the second hit which is basically the same functionality, but
} designed to fit the iPhone display?
} http://www.legatissimo.info/node/355
}
} Or maybe the third hit which is a forum message that points to this:
} http://netti.nic.fi/~icewood/mythetomer/index.php
}
} I'll let you find the rest.
}
} -Brad

I just said I havent seen any, that doesnt mean I actually went looking :)
but these are very cool..

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org