[mythtv-users] Copy-protected OTA DTV

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Fri Oct 31 22:19:08 UTC 2008

Some months back I owned a Toshiba  DVR660 (since returned). It
featured an ATSC tuner which I intended to use for recording OTA
broadcasts to DVD. However, I soon discovered that the DVR660 would not
record
to DVD, citing a 'copy protected' flag in the broadcast stream.

I'm now in the process of putting together my own MythTV system, and
would like to avoid a similar problem. It seems to me that MythTV
should not be encumbered by this, but who knows?

Can anyone point me to a discussion of the issues involved?

Thanks.