[mythtv-users] "ClassicComm" detector vs "Comm2" detector

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:10:07 UTC 2008

Hi,
   I'm just digging a little bit on the commercial skip code, and I've just
realized that there are indeed 2 basic sets of commercial skip methods, the
"classic" (implemented in "ClassicCommDetector" class) and a new one in
(implemented in "CommDetector2" class). Apparently "Classic" mode is what is
being used by default, unless 'CommercialSkipMethod' setting is manually
changed to a value higher than 255.

Is there any documentation out there that explains how different these 2
methods perform? I would be interested in knowing a little bit more about
this, specially about how each one of them performs compared to the other.

Best regards,
  Eduard