[mythtv-users] How to switch between tuners

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 29 14:24:33 UTC 2008

On 10/29/2008 12:20 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2008, at 9:02 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
>
>> I've added an HVR-1600 to my Mythbox, now to go with the PVR-150.
>> I've got both set up on the analog side at the moment, but I can't
>> switch between the two. I saw in Keybindings on the wiki that Y and
>> C are the keys to switch inputs but it doesn't change during live TV.
>>

> Hit M(enu) and choose to switch the input there.

Or, map a key:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/322921#322921
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/322924#322924
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/322930#322930

>> And also, how can I set the preferred tuner?I have Tuner 1 and Tuner
>> 2 but I had to go into mythtv-setup and disable Tuner 1 (HVR-1600)
>> to have Tuner 2 (PVR-150) default for new recordings.
>>
> You can set priorities on each tuner. Raise the priority of the tuner
> you want to use first in mythtv-setup, then restart the backend.
>
> You can also delete all tuners and re-add them

(specifically the input connections--you can add cards in whatever order
you like)

>  in your preferred order
> and leave the priorities alone.

The latter being the preferred approach.  See
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6 and, really, to truly
understand priorities, read all of
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html .

Mike