[mythtv-users] Asus EEE as frontend

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Wed Oct 29 00:13:03 UTC 2008

mat wrote:

>> the 701 (celeron 900) can run SD ok over the wireless link
>> I think its a near thing though, i haven't looked at the CPU use while
>> its playing as yet.
>>

> The way I understood it was that the CPU is only running at 600Mhz (and
> therefore could run quicker) but I could be wrong.

Yeah, I'm running ubuntu 8.04 on it with a custom kernel (that somebody else made) and a few other bits and bobs so it can do frequency scaling.
When I'm on power I set it to 900mhz, on battery i leave it on ondemand mode which jumps the speed up and down dynamically.
I run the compiz desktop and myth seems to actually run under that ok, generally i turn compiz off for myth (compiz-switch for the win)