[mythtv-users] New user / New system

Rick P rickp at blowphish.net
Tue Oct 28 14:39:45 UTC 2008

Hello all, I'm new to this list and new to MythTV.  I've been reading and
reading on this and still a bit confused, but... I plan on building a FE/BE
system to replace a failing Tivo 1 hack system.  Below is a list of hardware
I was planning on utilizing for this system.  I was leaning toward Fedora
since I have a bit more knowledge with it.  I already have a MySQL server
running on a W2K3 system; can I utilize this system also for MythTV or
should I just install another MySQL instance on the Fedora box?

- Intel DG45FC G45 ITX motherboard

- Intel E5200 2.5GHz LGA Dual-Core proc.

- 2GB RAM DDR2 800

- Hauppauge HVR-1800 MCE

- Seagate 750GB SATA

- Lite-on DVD Burner SATA  iHAS120-04

- Apex MI-008 Mini-ITX Case w/250W PS

Any thoughts on this?  Anyone running something similar? Will 2.5GHz be
sufficient for HD with the HVR-1800?  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick