[mythtv-users] Why RAID 5 stops working in 2009

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Oct 28 21:35:12 UTC 2008

Travis Tabbal wrote:
> If I can compile mythbackend on that machine, which I don't see why I
> couldn't, I can make it a slave backend to handle commflagging and
> transcoding for me as well. With the Ubuntu runtime, they might have
> already ported the packages over so I can use aptitude to install it.

You don't really need mythbackend, even, just mythjobqueue.

I've thought about trying to build it on my FreeBSD machine, because it
would be nice to be able to use that machine's CPUs for commercial
flagging.  The lack of V4L support shouldn't matter for that.  I suppose
I might be able to just run a Linux binary under emulation, for that
matter...has anyone tried this?