[mythtv-users] Sending Myth Socket commands using Perl - lack of response

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Tue Oct 28 21:32:00 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 09:00:18PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/25/2008 12:57 PM, Stefan Janowski wrote:
> > I'm having a stab at using a Perl script to create a socket to the Myth
> > backend and send commands.
>
> Try the MythTV Perl bindings.  If nothing else, use them as a guide for
> how to redevelop them from scratch.

Mike,

I've seen you mention this a number of times (I think it was you
anyway).  I haven't looked at the Perl code, but what exactly needs to
be done?  Have you listed this somewhere?  Do you have suggestions?  I'd
be very interested in looking at this since I do Perl programming for a
living and I have been using MythTV for nearly 2 years now.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org