[mythtv-users] Xine suddenly not working with surround51

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Tue Oct 28 14:52:09 UTC 2008

>Xine has a bad habit of loosing it's settings. It did this to me for a
while. I ended up fixing the problem by going into the Xine GUI and
manually re->selecting (In my case SPDIF pass-through as the speaker
setup) the options I wanted. Now when things break, it is one of the
first places I look. >Good Luck.

It would seem that xine is "working", but I can barely hear speech.   My
kids were tapping buttons on the receiver.. so now I am not sure if it's
a xine surround sound issue, or a receiver issue.  Anyone seen this with
xine so I can pinpoint my troubleshooting?