[mythtv-users] How Do You Map Lower Case Chars For lircrc For MythTV?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:21:22 UTC 2008

> Depends on how you do it, if it's providing text input in mythtv
> itself(e.g. search a recording by name) then if you're using a remote to
> send an 'a' it might be converted to an 'A' because it's the first
> letter of the line. A way to cancel that is to press the 0 key to change
> between upper and lowercase and numbers(much like the text-system on
> mobiles).

I do not use the character input much but I mainly use it for changing
the name of recordings (using the appropriate MythTV menu option) so I
need lowercase characters.

It looks like something is mythtv is forcing uppercase characters for
some reason and then this means it "breaks" the Change Recording Title
option as you can no longer enter lowercase characters?