[mythtv-users] How Do You Map Lower Case Chars For lircrc For MythTV?

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Oct 28 13:09:03 UTC 2008

nospam312 schreef op 28-10-2008 13:54:
> Does anyone know what the correct formating is for an lircrc file if
> you are using prog=MythTV.  I am using MythTV 0.20.2.
>
> config = a
> config = \x67
>
> Both should send a lowercase "a" to MythTV but in both cases an
> uppercase "A" is displayed.  So the remote key is recognised but
> MythTV appears to be converting it to uppercase?
>
> Does anyone have a solution?
>
> TIA

Depends on how you do it, if it's providing text input in mythtv
itself(e.g. search a recording by name) then if you're using a remote to
send an 'a' it might be converted to an 'A' because it's the first
letter of the line. A way to cancel that is to press the 0 key to change
between upper and lowercase and numbers(much like the text-system on
mobiles).

Kind regards,

Jos Hoekstra