[mythtv-users] Problems with the sound ???

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Tue Oct 28 11:44:22 UTC 2008

Hey Forum.
Just for knowing where to find the error that I got.

My setup:
Backend server
GBlan
2xDVB-S  Hauppauge HVR-4000

Frontends_
Shuttler.

I have all incomming satelite in my backend in my garage. From that I
connect using the frontends to watch my TV.
On the frontends I got the following setup:
onboard SPDIF to surround preamp.

When seeing the satelite TV - I can chose between the different sound
tracks.
But the normal MPEG2 sound is working - But when choosing AC3 sound I'm
getting no sound at all.
When watching a movie (DVD ) the AC3 sound works fine - so I'm guessing
it's somewhere else.

But where should/can I find this error - where I should I look.
I've looked everywhere in the frontend settings but cannot see where the
problems should be?

So hopefully some of you knows what to do - to get the Digital sound up
and running.

Thanks