[mythtv-users] MythWeb "Warning: Unknown Programme" error since daylight savings change (BST to GMT)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 21:45:29 UTC 2008

On 26/10/2008, Ash Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
> My frontend has no issues at all and I can list all programmes on mythweb,
> but if I click on any of the titles under the "Recorded Programmes" list I
> get an error "Warning: Unknown Programme.".
>
> I'm not the only one either...
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6037167
>
> Any one have an idea of what the problem could be?

On my system, any recordings made after BST-GMT changeover are okay,
any recorded before show the 'Unknown Programme' error and bounces me
to the TV listings page. A majority of these older recordings still
have thumbnails, although they have disappeared for a handful of
recordings.

I'm guessing (haven't looked) that it's due to the date/time
processing used in MythWeb - you'll notice programme information URLs
include an epoch-seconds-like string.

MythTV still has no concept of UTC offsets (I created a ticket on trac
earlier to reflect this) and so every six months during DST
changeovers things can go south.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: