[mythtv-users] Channel grabbing question: can I grab from multiple sources?

David Segall david at segall.net
Sun Oct 26 02:00:52 UTC 2008

Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> All,
>
> I live in Belgium.
>
> After several months of successful use of the xmltv file kindly made
> available by the folks at mythportal.be, I'm afraid I've given up on the
> intermittent availability of said file and would like to do my own grabbing.
>
> The problem is that I would prefer to grab listings in each channel's
> native language (e.g. English for BBC, French for FR3 etc), rather just
> grabbing from a Belgian website which provides all listings either in
> Dutch or in French. My household primarily uses English.
>
> I've now set up my system to use the Radio Times grabber, but of course
> it does not provide listings for a large number of channels available to
> me (Belgian, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish etc
> channels).
>
> My question therefore: can I, for a given video source, grab listings
> from multiple sources?

You may find the the Shepherd code <http://svn.whuffy.com/> useful.

"Shepherd knows enough about the capabilities of each grabber in order
to make intelligent judgements about which is most appropriate for any
given situation, maximizing data quality while minimizing bandwidth
usage. It analyses the XML output from each grabber to determine whether
any further grabbers are required to obtain a full dataset of the
required channels. It then employs postprocessor components to further
refine the data"

--
David