[mythtv-users] Uptime

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Sat Oct 25 05:12:29 UTC 2008

Scott Alfter wrote:
> Paul Clark wrote:
>
>> How much uptime do others get?  I'm trying to decide if I should spend
>> some time to investigate my issues further or just accept that 5-7
>> days is average.
>>

> mythserver ~ # uptime
>  10:01:15 up 69 days, 15:17,  1 user,  load average: 0.23, 0.10, 0.02
>
> This is a backend-only machine (frontends are off when they're not in use), but
> there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get weeks or months of uptime (I
> think the last time I had my backend powered down was to replace a bad UPS).

How did you get such  a low load average?

My backend/frontend *constantly* sits on 1.<something>, even with the
frontend doing nothing!   Ok so right now the box isn't recording,
transcoding, anything and the load shows:

    top - 07:10:33 up 1 day, 21:39,  3 users,  load average: 2.51, 2.48,
2.45

With mythbackend using 0-1% of CPU (2.4G dual-core intel) periodically

Any ideas?

cheers,
-MythNoob