[mythtv-users] Uptime

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 17:30:48 UTC 2008

On 22/10/2008, Paul Clark <battledean at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a point of interest really.  I get about 5-7 days of uptime
>  before I require a reboot of my combined be/fe setup.  Often the fe
>  crashes when rewinding live TV or we start to see bad horizontal
>  tearing on panning shots so we reboot to make that go away.
>
>  How much uptime do others get?  I'm trying to decide if I should spend
>  some time to investigate my issues further or just accept that 5-7
>  days is average.

Check your mythfrontend/backend logfiles and your syslog when
mythfrontend crashes (or does the entire machine hang?) Run memtest86
to check your memory, and SMART tests on your hard drives. Make sure
the machine is well ventilated and not overheating.

I'm not a betting man, but I'd lay the initial blame at the video
driver's door, based on your post. Your uptime is most definitely
_not_ average.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: