[mythtv-users] Low profile PCI tuners, audio

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:44:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Jeremy Sullivan <jersully at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I'm considering the purchase of a slim PC for MyTV that only accepts low
> profile PCI cards.  Is it very difficult to find low profile PCI sound and
> tuner cards with good Linux and MythTV support?
>

> I couldn't find a list thread newer than 2003 on this.

The AOpen AW870LP is a low profile version of the same chipset used in the
Turtle Beach Riviera that I strongly recommend for PCI sound.  I can't speak
for this site as a retailer but they offer this card:

http://www.stootsi.com/store/item.aspx?item=44505436

This is also a great list of cards with this chipset and their profile

http://code.google.com/p/cmediadrivers/wiki/SupportedDevices

Kevin