[mythtv-users] What other people tell me about CC.... (was in dev)

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 08:42:42 UTC 2008

On 22/10/2008, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So mythtv channel changing isn't slow, but if it is, its because of the
> options it uses to support all the options and flexibility.  I get it.

Are you sure you do?

What people are saying is:

'Mythtv channel changing doesn't need to take 5-8 seconds; it needs to
take 1-2 seconds (on top of the hardware change time), because of the
options it uses to support a TV guide, a multi-tuner recording
schedule and a database of previously recorded programmes.'

For what it's worth, I've found that my channel change times depend,
amongst other things, on amount of memory installed, display
resolution and the UI Theme (some are noticeably slower.  All very
subjective though.