[mythtv-users] What hardware do I need to be able to dual record using Comcast cable?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Oct 22 00:53:14 UTC 2008

Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> says:
> Do you have to use XvMC to get your 3Ghz. cpu to do HD?

I've never had to use XvMC on my Pentium 4 3.0GHz frontend (and
former, and now once again, master backend). XvMC video (when it
works) has usually used more CPU time than straight XV.

> What do you mean by "just", do you get problems if something else is
> running?

My box runs fine as just frontend/backend. Any commflagging or
transcoding jobs raises the load to the mid to high single digits if
multiple recordings are occurring, and can cause skips.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array