[mythtv-users] "Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?" and other error messages

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:31:24 UTC 2008

I had a similar problem with an error message about not connecting to the
backend.  Looking at the list of shows displayed no shows.  The backend was
recording a show at the time so it must have been running.  I see Segmentation
faults in every log file and only had this lockup with the error message
once.  It was just after updating everything to the latest version just
about a week or so ago.
I also had a show just stop, still screen.  The box was totally locked and I
could not restart X.  I had to hit the power button and shut down.

A check of the database shows all OK.

As each of these has only happened once, I am only mildly concerned.  I
would, however, like to hear if the cause of this is identified.

Allen