[mythtv-users] mac-mini frontend for HD

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 02:35:12 UTC 2008

> I wonder if the bump in the CPU is what really smoothed out the
> playback?  Running the frontend under OSX, I tried all the profiles,
> nothing would make the picture any smoother.  Also I am running at the
> full 1080p resolution, are you?

Sorry I missed your reply a few days ago.  Since my job began blocking
gmail, I've had a difficult time keeping up with the list.
Prior to my cpu upgrade, I was able to get smooth playback of HD
network broadcasts, 1080i at various bitrates.  Now, with the 2GHz, HD
playback results in about 50% cpu usage.  So the upgrade gives me more
headroom to leave other apps open, but I don't think it was necessary
for playback.

My display is 720p - would that make a difference to the cpu?