[mythtv-users] fglrx and mythtv with GL painter: exeption

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Oct 20 16:51:07 UTC 2008

Hi *

Maybe somebody have idea where to look for solution:

I have nasty issue with fglrx drivers under myth.

HW is AMD780G (HD3200), Xorg7.3, Myth-021-fixes-18666. I tested fglrx
8.7/8.8/8.9 and 8.10

Issue is that for for GL painter I'm always receiving exception in
mythtv when I'm reaching UI screen with GL transition and before was Xv
playback.
In other words: entering UI GL transition causes myth exception if
before was Xv playback.

Switching painter to Qt solves problem - so issue is GL related.

In my setup I'm using Xorg's libGL library, as with fglrx libGL lib I
have vvveeerrryyy slow GL painting.
Do You believe it is critical to use fglrx's libGL ?.
If so, in Your opinion, what reason might be for such vvveeerrryyy slow
GL painting with fglrx derived libGL library ?

br