[mythtv-users] Suspend to Ram / mythshutdown / Daily Cron / Mythfilldatabase

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 11:47:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I'm trying to do all of the above and I think I running into some
> mutually exclusive terms.
>
> Mythwelcome has the ability to schedule daily up times for scheduling
> the daily cron window.  I believe mythshutdown --shutdown accesses this
> information and the next mythfilldatabase time and select the next
> correct restart time.  But I wish to to suspend to ram instead of doing
> a cold boot.  Thus I don't think I can use "Server halt command: sudo
> mythshutdown --shutdown "
>
> One more bit of info.  I'm using a custom "Set wakeuptime command:"
> script because I'm using /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm.  I think I have
> to since my kernel > 2.6.22.
>
> The solution I have in my head is to put mythfilldatabase in the daily
> cron and force a wake window in my "Set wakeuptime command:" script.
> Overriding the backend's wakeuptime request if it is after the daily
> cron window.  I might also have to put the system back to sleep after
> the last cron job, possibly with another cron job, or I could use
> mythshutdown lock/unlock.
>
> Is there an easier way?  Is there any way to get mythshutdown --shutdown
> to use suspend-to-ram instead of halt and play nice with
> /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Jon,

See if my solution (posted to the list over a year ago) which can be
seen at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/280050?#280050
helps.

I have had my system suspending to disk and waking up automatically,
in seconds (something less than a minute), when new recordings were to
begin.

Hope this helps.

Craig.