[mythtv-users] No luck getting Mythtv to work - Configuration woos

daryl sofasurferlinux at charter.net
Sun Oct 19 05:41:19 UTC 2008

I have tried to get Mythtv to work but so far no luck. My Hauppauge HVR
1600 card is recognized and I do have video and audio using Mplayer.

I Have installed Mythbuntu-Desktop and have no clue how to get it to do
anything. I have been over the Mythtv Manual and it doesn't help me.

When I open the frontend, the "watch tv" option does nothing. When I
open backend setup I get "tv storage" path doesn't exist ("tv storage"
being a storage group I "created".

Is there a simple way of understanding all of this so I can make some
progress?

Thanks,
Daryl