[mythtv-users] can't switch tuners anymore

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Sat Oct 18 18:59:29 UTC 2008

I have three ATSC tuners: a pcHDTV and two on my HDHR

I used to be able to switch among these by pressing Y on the keyboard (C
is supposed to work also).  This has stopped working.  It may have
stopped after my 0.20 > 0.21 upgrade (mythbuntu 7.10 > 8.04), I don't
know.

If I hit "y" nothing happens.  If I hit C, it gives me the name of the
tuner (DVB-1, my pcHDTV tuner), but that's it.

If I am watching live TV and a recording is supposed to start, MythTV
gives me a dialogue asking if I want to watch it while it records (or
record and not watch, or not record).  It appears it can't default to
the next tuner like it's supposed to.

If I tell it to record and not watch, I go back to the menu.  If I then
choose to watch live TV, it *will* use the next tuner to watch live TV,
so I am sure my second tuner is working.  The second tuner (the HSHR)
responds to hdhomerun_config commands, so I don't think it is a problem
with the tuner.

I've run mythdb_optimze with no help.

Any ideas?

Thanks.